Source: www.theantimedia.org | Original Post Date: February 12, 2015 –
1. Mint Press News: The outlet just celebrated their second anniversary. The focus of Mint Press is definitely geared towards civil liberties violations and attacking the corporate masters of the political elites. Relentless in the pursuit of helping the reader connect the dots inside of the story.
2. The Free Thought Project: One of the fastest growing independent media outlets on the internet, TFTP’s mission is to expose police and government misconduct. Often featured on Cop Block and Police the Police, they are at the forefront of the police accountability movement.
3. Fifth Column: New outlet designed to bridge the gap between independent and mainstream media with a heavy focus on investigative journalism. Employs staff from most of the other outlets on this list.
4. Revolution News: For a window into what’s truly going on outside of the US, RevNews is the site to follow. They cover conflicts, protests, and revolutions from all over the world and America. Many of their stories have live video feeds from location, giving the reader an unadulterated view of the news.
5. Common Dreams: Possibly the oldest alternative news site on the web. It started back in 1997. The outlet is very upfront about its left-leaning tendencies, which allows the reader to adjust. The outlet maintains a unique “progressive newswire” that is featured prominently on the site.
6. The Pontiac Tribune: The Tribune stands out for not only covering mainstream stories from a different point-of-view, but for being willing to delve into topics many outlets shy away from. A close affiliation with Storm Clouds Gathering helps to constantly provide unique content.
Of course, if you are reading this, we hope that you are already following us here at Anti-Media. Did we miss anyone?
Written by Justin King of www.theantimedia.org