Source: www.theunboundedspirit.com | Original Post Date: June 15, 2014 –
Albert Einstein was more than just a scientist. Here are 25 amazing life lessons coming from the man himself!
- Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.
- Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.
- Never do anything against conscience even if the state demands it.
- If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
- A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem.
- Love is a better teacher than duty.
- If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.
- No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.
- Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
- Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
- It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.
- Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.
- Force always attracts men of low morality.
- Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler.
- A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
- Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.
- A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
- It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.
- Anyone who doesn’t take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either.
- Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
- Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.
- Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
- Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools.
- Information is not knowledge.
- Never lose a holy curiosity.