Source: www.purposefairy.com | Original Post Date: July 9, 2015 –
There is a really wonderful quote from Jac Vanek that goes like this:
“You are the books you read, the films you watch, the music you listen to, the people you meet, the dreams you have, the conversations you engage in. You are what you take from these. You are the sound of the ocean, the breath of fresh air, the brightest light and the darkest corner. You are a collective of every experience you have had in your life. You are every single second of every single day. So drown yourself in a sea of knowledge and existence. Let the words run through your veins and let the colors fill your mind until there is nothing left to do but explode. There are no wrong answers. Inspiration is everything. Sit back, relax, and take it all in. Now, go out and create something.”
And because I know this to be true, I am constantly collecting quotes from some of the wisest people that ever lived on this planet to share them with all of you, so that we can improve ourselves through their writings and gain easily what they have labored hard for.
Today we are learning from Confucius.
1. “Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself.”
2. “To see and listen to the wicked is already the beginning of wickedness.”
3. “Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.”
4. “To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it.”
6. “If you look into your own heart, and you find nothing wrong there, what is there to worry about? What is there to fear?”
7. “The Superior Man is aware of Righteousness, the inferior man is aware of advantage.”
8. “The superior man cannot be known in little matters, but he may be entrusted with great concerns. The small man may not be entrusted with great concerns, but he may be known in little matters.”
9. “When you see a worthy person, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy person, then examine your inner self.”
10. “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.”
12. “By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.”
13. “What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others.”
14. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.”
15. “In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of.”
16. “Do not be desirous of having things done quickly. Do not look at small advantages. Desire to have things done quickly prevents their being done thoroughly. Looking at small advantages prevents great affairs from being accomplished.”
18. “When things are investigated, then true knowledge is achieved; when true knowledge is achieved, then the will becomes sincere; when the will is sincere, then the heart is set right ; when the heart is set right, then the personal life is cultivated; when the personal life is cultivated, then the family life is regulated; when the family life is regulated, then the national life is orderly; and when the national life is orderly, then there is peace in this world.”
20. “Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance. When you know a thing, to hold that you know it; and when you do not know a thing, to allow that you do not know it – this is knowledge.”
21. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”
Do you have a favorite quote from Confucius? If you do you can share your comment in the comment section below.